How to Become a Northwestern State University Graduate Student
In order to be eligible for graduate study at Northwestern State University you should:
- Complete the online Application for Admission.
- Submit official copies of your GRE results and official transcripts of all previous university work to the Graduate School at the address listed below. Please pay close attention to GRE score requirements for admission to the Graduate School.
- All graduate degree programs require completion of two (2) recommendation forms by different references. Submit your recommendation forms by mail or fax.
- Submit a completed Proof of Immunization Form to the Graduate School at the address above. Internet only students select the exemption section for “personal reasons” stating that you are an online learner.
- Apply for a graduate assistantship (optional). Those prospective students who gain regular admission and plan to study in residence are eligible.
- Contact an advisor in your area for questions regarding the program concentrations and graduates in the workforce.
- Once you have been admitted to the Graduate School and to the program area, you may register online.
- You can pay fees on campus in the Cashier’s Office or online.
The mailing address is: The Graduate School, 123 Caspari Hall, Northwestern State University, Natchitoches, LA 71497.
*Click the image to register for the exam.*